A couple of months ago, my husband contributed to my make up obsession by buying me the Maybelline Matte & Poreless foundation. Side note: he didn’t actually pick it out for me, he just caught me looking at it with puppy eyes at the drugstore and bought it for me.
I have been using it for a few weeks now and wanted to do a quick review in lieu of having a Weekly Favorite Post.
This foundation claims to have genius blurring micro-powders that erase pores and absorb oil. This is a liquid foundation that comes in a glass bottle. It costs between$6-8 for 1oz depending on where you buy it.
The texture of this foundation is very similar to the L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation but is slightly more liquid than that one.
- Helps minimize the look of pores
- Long wearing (6-8 hours)
- Does not oxidize on my skin
- Truly matte finish so would work with anyone with combination or oily skin
- No SPF so looks good in pictures
- Packaging – I don’t understand why companies put a liquid foundation in a glass bottle with no pump. Its such a pain to take it out that I find myself reaching for other foundations that do have a pump or are in a squeeze tube. Just put it in a plastic tube Maybelline!
- No SPF – this can be a pro and con, but generally for everyday I prefer at least a little SPF
- Hard to match shade – Like many drugstore foundations, you can’t really test this one out in store. I really struggled finding the right shade and actually returned another color before settling on 235 pure beige.
- Can cling to dry patches
Probably not, but that is only because I have so many other foundations and I am always trying new products. I only ever repurchase foundations that I am obsessed with. This one, I just really like. When applied correctly, it can look nice, but it is not amazing. Ultimately, for every day wear I prefer my It Cosmetics CC cream with SPF 50+ and for a more full coverage look I prefer the L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte.
That being said, if you have oily skin and are looking for an affordable drugstore option, this would be a great place to start. If you have a collection of foundations like I do and are trying to decide between the Infallible pro matte or this one, go for the L’Oreal. I find that it last a little longer and although it’s about $4 more expensive, the packing is 100X better.