Hello! Welcome to my first ever blog post. In honor of the theme for my blog I thought I would start out with a lighthearted list – How to Identify a beauty addict.
1. Sephora/Ulta bags scattered throughout the house – These are evidence of frequent shopping trips. Tip: When purchasing products from places with great return policies (like Sephora), keep the bag, receipt and any boxes the items came in for a few weeks after your purchase for easy returns. You never know when you might develop a strange rash or decide you didn’t like the color after all.
2. What I like to call “the eye shadow splatter”- Just like blood splatter, but with eye shadow. Nine out of ten times before applying eye shadow/contour/blush I will tap out any excess powder on the nearest available edge (which usually ends up being my bathroom vanity resulting in eye shadow splatter). Tip: Make sure you tap your brush before applying eye shadow to avoid depositing a large amount of color at once. Don’t blow off the excess as that can encourage bacteria growth on your brush.
3. Spiders or Falsies in the shower?- I don’t personally wear falsies often, but I have seen this in my sister’s bathroom. There is something about wet, bunched up false lashes that looks eerily like a spider.
4. Points Galore – Walking up to the register at Sephora, handing over your VIB card and the cashier says: “you have 1,671 VIB Rouge points, would you like to redeem them for anything today?”. It really puts the purchases in perspective doesn’t it? Tip: Sign up for the VIB card at Sephora, its free! And if you are already a VIB, make sure you have the newsletter enabled. The emails are packed with special promotion codes. I find I get more bang for my buck when I purchase online since I can get better promotions (which are usually deluxe sample sizes).
5. The arm full of color swatches – You would think I only walk around like this after visiting Sephora or Ulta, but this happens more often than I care to admit. I swatch makeup items that I want to try at the store and make up that I have owned for a while. Is that weird? Sometimes I need a little reminder of what they look like. Tip: Run your lip liners/eyeliners on your hand to warm them up a bit before applying to avoid any tugging.
6. Bounty of Lipsticks in purse – At the end of each workweek I find myself taking out all the lipsticks and lip glosses that I have thrown in purse throughout the week. If I am lucky, I take them out once a week, otherwise I end up emptying 23 lipsticks out of my purse after several weeks.
7. The wish list – I keep a running beauty product wish list in my iPhone notes. Does anyone else do this? If I hear about something I want to try, I write it down so I won’t forget about it later. And I am not just talking about a 2-3 item list here. I have been known to have a 10-12 eyeshadow colors lon my wishlist.
8. Makeup themed ads on Facebook (or any website for that matter) – Oh the temptation. I am constantly reading reviews and searching for products online so of course anytime I log onto Facebook the entire right side of the page is full of ads for the exact product I was previously searching.
Do any of these resonate with you? Are there any other telltale signs you can think of? Leave a comment down below.